When it comes to home renovation dollars, there is rarely enough to do everything that needs doing. Sugar Land plumbers, Howell Services, understands. That’s why we work with clients to find the best plumbing solutions for each renovation. We’ve come up with a checklist to help clients make smart decisions in how to spend their renovation dollars to get solutions that work for them.
For homeowners looking for a Sugar Land plumber, Howell Services will be happy to help.
First, start with infrastructure
Problems in your actual plumbing system, such as supply lines, water heaters and drains should be priority number one. Of course, tearing out a kitchen or bath that has issues and starting over is often the best way to solve problems, especially if you live in an older home. But spending money to upgrade fixtures and improve things like baths and showers, while putting off problems that could cause structural damage is not in your best interest. Have Howell Services help you assess your current system. We can spot potential problem areas, as well as suggest improvements.
- You want to make sure water gets into the home at the right pressure, without leaks, and exits where it’s supposed to before considering other “fixes”.
- Even systems that are currently in good working order, like water heaters, may be due for replacement, to prevent failure and we can accurately assess that.
- Water damage is a leading cause for home owner insurance claims and many of those are due to issues that might have been prevented with a proper assessment of the system.
Consider adding before improving
If you have a home with more than two bedrooms, you probably need more than one bathroom. Real estate experts recommend you consider adding a second bath, before renovating the existing bath, unless you have issues that need to be addressed immediately. Right now, real estate agents are recommending at least one walk-in shower, making an extra bathroom an even better value.
- A second bath will typically add more value to your home than a bath renovation, especially if you can find a way to make use of unused, or under utilized space inside your home.
- Howell Services, your plumber in Sugar Land and Katy, TX, can locate your current plumbing services and recommend the best location for an extra bathroom, based on water supply and drains.
- The features you want added to your main bath could be incorporated into the second bath for a win/win.
Adding convenience in the kitchen is a good place to start
Making your kitchen more functional is a good place to start your plan. The fashion of the fixtures and appliances you choose can be incorporated into your renovation plans. By adding items that improve efficiency and add convenience, you can add value to your life and your property at the same time.
- Large farm sinks and pot filler spigots are good examples of adding style and functionality at the same time. Howell Services can recommend specific brands and styles.
- Make sure that system tools, such as garbage disposals don’t go unnoticed when considering upgrades and maintenance.
- Adding new appliances, or updating dishwashers and the like is another good value.
Think of your entire living plan when considering plumbing renovations
Entertaining tools, such as bars, sinks and ice machines don’t have to just be in the kitchen, and bathroom ideas can be incorporated into outdoor living spaces as well. Consider adding plumbing to the entertainment spaces in your home to make your life easier.
- Outdoor kitchens often do not have a water supply, something necessary for food prep and entertaining. Why not add one?
- Ice machines are a welcome addition to any entertaining space and keep you close to the guests, instead of running to kitchen.
- Outdoor living spaces, especially for yards with pools, or Jacuzzis often include outdoor showers. Talk to Howell Services about the best location for yours.
Check out this from HGTV for more information: http://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating/clean-and-organize/which-home-improvements-pay-off