Even though the true dog days of summer are still officially months away, the occasional warm spring day may have you turning on the air conditioning…or, at least, considering it. Knowing how important it is to have fully functioning AC in Sugar Land, it’s never too soon to make sure your HVAC system is tuned up and ready to go before the hot weather sets in for good. Here are some reasons an annual inspection is a good investment:
1. Fewer unexpected breakdowns. When you schedule air conditioning maintenance regularly, your HVAC professional will evaluate your system and determine if it has any problems. Even if it has minor issues, they’ll be addressed to prevent sudden breakdowns.
2. Less costly repairs. Regular maintenance can detect minor problems and fix them before they become major ones, saving you time and money in the long run.
3. Healthy indoor air. As time goes by, HVAC coils and air filters attract dirt, bacteria, and mold, which can significantly lower air quality. If you breathe in dirty air, you may develop respiratory issues such as bronchitis and asthma. One important part of HVAC maintenance is cleaning these parts. Clean parts are more efficient at trapping dirt particles, thereby helping prevent polluted air.
4. Better efficiency, lower energy bills. A thorough inspection of your system can identify worn out parts and replace them, resulting in a more efficient appliance that uses less energy.
5. Extended lifetime. A well-maintained HVAC system lasts longer. To avoid replacing your appliance sooner than expected, schedule an HVAC maintenance service regularly. A caring expert can address small issues and ensure your system lasts longer.
Howell Services provides expert HVAC residential and commercial hvac service and maintenance to customers throughout the Fort Bend area. We recommend a comprehensive precision tune-up and professional cleaning twice a year that includes the following 23-point HVAC checklist:
- Check and inspect heat exchanger
- Clean and adjust burner assembly
- Clean ignition assembly
- Examine heat exchanger
- Monitor flue draft
- Monitor refrigerant pressure
- Test starting capabilities
- Test safety controls
- Check and clean standard air filters
- Clean and adjust blower components
- Measure for correct airflow
- Tighten electrical connections
- Measure volts/amps
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Adjust thermostat calibration
- Clean evaporator coil if accessible
- Clean condenser coil
- Clean condensate drains
- Measure temperature difference
- Apply protective coating to unit
- Adjust gas pressure
- Adjust pilot
- Monitor a/c and heating cycle
Howell Services offers air-conditioning repair service as well as extensive preventative maintenance plans. Our technicians are fully licensed, insured and bonded, and we offer competitive pricing and a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Call us today to schedule your service and be ready to stay cool this summer.