With the wear and tear your garbage disposal experiences on a daily basis, it’s no wonder we often have to repair or replace them after years of use.
While you may consider taking it upon yourself before calling in a professional, sometimes a professional plumber is your best bet. That can be dangerous and often homeowners cause additional problems when trying to make what they believe is just a minor repair at the outset.
You’re welcome to give our blog post a read and then give us a call once you’ve gone through this quick troubleshooting routine for garbage disposal problems Troubleshooting Basic Garbage Disposal Problems.
We at Howell Services have been helping our neighbors in Sugar Land, Texas with plumbing repairs including garbage disposal services for years and are ready to help you!
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
When the wrong thing gets in your drain, just a quick flip of the switch can cause damage to your disposal. Our plumbing professionals are licensed, insured and bonded. They are also experienced in handling even the most obscure garbage disposal issues. Your plumbing expert will come out and assess the situation and make the best recommendations concerning repair or replacement.
These are a few of the things homeowners often encounter:
- Disposal Jams – Bones and other hard substances can get into your disposal and cause it to jam. Try to avoid getting metal into your drain. While your first instinct may be to try to let the disposal clear itself, continuing to run a jammed disposal could cause major damage to the motor.
- Not Powering On – When it seems your disposal is fully connected but is getting no power, it’s best to give us a call to check the gaskets and housing.
- Wondering if you Should Repair or Replace Your Disposal – When you need to make that decision, it’s a good idea to have a plumber come in. Our professionals have the expertise to give you the best advice after assessing your disposal. It may only require a simple fix, but repeated costly repairs could be avoided on a disposal that is ready for replacement.
Professional Advice on Maintenance
Keeping your garbage disposal in the best shape is the best way to avoid costly repair bills. Remember these two most important rules of thumb.
- Soft waste is the only thing that should be put through your disposal.
- Keep the water running the entire time the disposal is powered on.
For garbage disposal repair or replacement, we welcome you to call Howell Services for your needs in Sugar Land and the surrounding communities. Our professionals can recommend the garbage disposal that is right for you based on your usage and budget.
For more tips for trouble under your sink check out 5 Things to Do If You Want To Unclog Your Kitchen Sink. When preparing for your seasonal vacations, read this to get your home vacation-ready: How to Prepare Your Home for Your Next Vacation.
Have A Question?
Why Call Howell Services For Plumbing and A/C Needs
17 Years of Experience
Bonded and Insured
Licensed and Bonded Plumbers
Weekend Appointments Available
Installs, Repairs, and Maintenance Programs
We work with many different vendors and have received the highest certifications.