Remember your dream car? Maybe it’s the one you bought last year or the very first car you bought that summer before senior year. Hurrying off the lot, you tucked the manual in the glove box and sped away to show off your gem! Now, you probably didn’t even wait for your ‘Check Oil’ indicator to appear because you were ‘in-tune’ with your dream car. Neglect and your dream car just didn’t go together because too much was at stake!
Air conditioning units just don’t have that glamour appeal of your dream car. We get it! But…
To ensure peak performance much like your car though, HVAC systems require tender loving care in the form of precision tune-ups. Preventative maintenance means that you won’t have to pick up the phone and say:
- “It’s blazing hot, our air conditioning went out and I have eight dinner guests coming in 5 hours!”
- “There’s a strange sound coming from the furnace.”
- “Our energy bill has never been this high!”
Though our team of certified, bonded and licensed technicians is ready to come when you need us, wouldn’t you rather have a peace of mind? We thought so, too! Because we use HVAC systems at home just like you and understand that unexpected repairs are inconvenient, costly repairs!
Here at Howell Services, we’ve developed a Residential Precision Tune-Up complete with a 23-Point Inspection (just like for that dream car of yours). For optimal HVAC system performance, most of our customers schedule this tune-up and professional cleaning 2 times per year.
It’s as easy as calling our office to schedule the best time for us to come to you. We arrive on-timewith our 23-Point Inspection checklist in hand:
- Check & inspect heat exchanger
- Clean and adjust burner assembly
- Clean ignition assembly
- Examine heat exchanger
- Monitor flue draft
- Monitor refrigerant pressure
- Test starting capabilities
- Test safety controls
- Clean or replace standard air filters
- Clean and adjust blower components
- Measure for correct air flow
- Tighten electrical connections
- Measure volts/amps
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Adjust thermostat calibration
- Clean evaporator coil if accessible
- Clean condenser coil
- Clean condensate drains
- Measure temperature difference
- Apply protective coating to unit
- Adjust gas pressure
- Adjust pilot
- Monitor a/c and heating cycle
At the end of the appointment, you can have peace of mind knowing that your entire system has been thoroughly cleaned and inspected. We look forward to servicing you soon!